Frequently Asked Questions:
Would it interfere with working my horse on cattle?
Would this be helpful for my grandparents who are too old to get bucked off? What about children?
- Absolutely. We’ve had many testimonials about people who have quit riding because of concerns about the dangers of riding a horse.
- The Buckbuster will help keep your horse’s head up and reduce the likelihood of bucking.
- Horses will be more easily controlled by small hands and by riders with less strength.
- The Buckbuster will increase your peace of mind with children, novices, and elderly riders.
Does the product keep your horse from falling backwards?
- No, the Buckbuster helps with bucking and any behavior the horse lowers its head to do. However, it can be used with a tie-down.
Does this product cause pain to my horse?
- There is pressure only when the horse begins the undesirable behavior. When the horse is not acting up, it will not know The Buckbuster is on.
Do I still need a bridle if I use The Buckbuster?
- Yes, a bridle is used over The Buckbuster.
- The Buckbuster is designed to work with the bridle and is not safe to use without a bridle.
Does the size of the horse matter? Will it fit my horse?
- It is adjustable to fit small and large horses. It will fit nearly any horse.
Note: It may be too small for some Belgian and Draft horses. (We can custom make a larger one, if necessary.)
What is the product’s circumference? Length?
- The nose band will expand from 21”–28” The length expands from 33”–41” (from noseband on one side, around the head, to the nose band on the other).
Will it make my horse stop kicking?
- Only if the horse lowers its head to kick. The Buckbuster will help limit any behavior that involves the horse lowering its head.
Will it fit a mule?
- Yes, The Buckbuster is adjustable for different size animals. The ear holes will accommodate mule’s ears.
Do you take custom orders?
- Sometimes. We can custom make certain color choices and other small alterations. Note: This will cause the shipping time to be increased and additional fees may apply.
It is adjustable on each side?
- Yes, it is adjustable for length on each side and circumference in two places.
Will my horse be able to eat and drink with The Buckbuster on?
It depends on the adjustment. The product has a nose band adjustment that can be tightened and loosened.